Wednesday 17 February 2010

☂1920s/1940s inspiration

Well today when I got up my mother was playing a song called Real Pretty Mama Blues and basically I just got a huge inspiring moment. So today all I have done is researched the 1920s/1940s and I have come across some pretty awesome things, for example they had slang back in them times.

-Dame ~ female
-Razz ~ to make fun of
-Java ~ coffee
-Joe ~ coffee
-Sinker ~ a doughnut
-Sheba ~ a woman with sex appeal (from the movie "Queen of Sheba"; Clara Bow)
-Kisser ~ mouth
-It - Sex appeal
-Hair of the Dog ~ a shot of alcohol
-Goofy ~ in love
and many more.

Letters from the 1920s - http://joancrawfordma.tripod.com/letters1920s.html


I found this site rather inspiring because it gave me the idea to write a love letter in my sketch book, the letter I wrote is about a guy that goes off to war and has left his sweetheart at home and writes to her, telling her that he wants to marry her once he comes back home and he just states that he loves his miss. :)

Okay another thing I absolutely love is the pin up girls in the 1940s, the art work is amazing.
There are some examples;


The last image of the pin up girl's is a rather modern one for obvious reason, I seen and thought I like the illustration, so I chipped it in. :)

Okay so today what I actually did was create a 1920s-1940s theme in my sketch book and I found it rather fun, I took some photos of the pages. I reckon they are pretty cool. :)


Some inspiring musical artist's;
-Amos Milburn
-B B King
-Big Mama Thornton
-Big Maybelle
-Bing Crosby
-Bo Diddley
-Charles Brown
-Mr. Acker Bilk
-Dinah Shore
-Dinah Washington


Have fun reading guys & dolls. :)☂

No comments:

Post a Comment